Hello everybody! As we transition into the New Year, 2021, Aurora Skyblock is going steady. As always, the Administration and Development teams have been hard at work fixing any bugs that arise. Additionally, big things are in the works for the future of Aurora Skyblock and SpaceDelta as a whole! We look forward to revealing those things when it’s time. For now, though, let’s talk about all the changes made this week.
As the New Year took precedence in most peoples’ lives, this week has also been relatively slow. Many bugs that were resolved this week are similar to ones resolved in other weeks with the addition of some other minor things. A rather large issue with The Void was resolved, where the event would end immediately upon teleporting players into The Void itself. This only occurred after meeting a specific number of players in the queue. Now, this glitch has been resolved. The Black Market holograms once again tried to displace themselves, to which they were denied. Portals that previously weren’t teleporting players have been put in their places and will now teleport appropriately. Capture points for Aurora Dungeons have been changed from 1x1 to 3x3 and the player restriction pre-event-start has been disabled. Lastly, a new filter system has been added to the server. This system includes a much easier-to-use system alongside hundreds of items categorized appropriately.
With that, the Run-Down for this week is over. If you’d like to, refer below for a more in-depth insight into all of the bug fixes that were made for the week. If you are in fact interested, then strap on your skis, take your ski poles, and get ready for the winter-y slopes!
- Void Ending: Resolved an issue where The Void would end immediately upon starting. This disallowed players from properly being allowed to play in The Void. This only occurred when a threshold of queued players joined, but has since been resolved.
- Black Market Holograms: Resolved an issue with week one holograms in the Black Market. This specifically occurred to do the previous number of weeks where items would rotate. These holograms attempted to escape their showcase boxes, but the Admins put them back.
- Portals: Fixed issue with portals at spawn. Previously, some of the portals would not work upon being walked into. We’ve put these portals in their place, resolving their issue of reluctancy. Now, these portals should teleport you appropriately now.
- Aurora Dungeons: A patch to our dungeons system was made to expand capture points to a 3x3 radius. Previously, capture points were quite small, restricted to a 1x1 radius. This made it very difficult to capture the points, especially in a party of many people. Additionally, player restrictions will no longer be applied if the event hasn’t started yet.
- Filter System: A brand new filter system was created as some of our plugins were re-created. This new filter system includes pre-loaded categories that have hundreds of items in them. This allows for much more customization on your end in addition to a much easier, streamlined experience to the filter system as a whole.
Similarly to two weeks ago, we unfortunately have no new content. The team proved to be quite busy with the New Year coming up during this week. Due to this, we’ve consolidated our efforts, combined our heads, and thought of the best possible content to give you in the coming weeks. Keep an eye out for some announcements coming soon.
As Christmas comes to an end, we’ve also reverted back to our old spawn. We know, we’re sad to see the snow go as well! However, as the New Year continues, we can’t wait to share our plans with you.
In the meantime, have a fantastic start to your New Year! Work hard on those resolutions, spend time with family, and we’ll see you next week.
- Gaelen Moore.