Status
    Not open for further replies.

Ryan1735

User name: Ryan1735

What is your Minecraft username?
    EvilRyan

What server is your suggestion for?
    Factions Earth

Briefly describe your suggestion in ten words or less.
    Revamping of rules and punishments

Give us a detailed explanation of your suggestion; include everything you can think of.
    Based on the current rules and regulations there's no direct punishment for each offense. It simply just ranks them in tiers. Theoretically with the current system even a tier 1 offense could result in a ban/blacklist because there's nothing preventing it. I completely understand how certain words can be offense and in good conscious shouldn't be said at all. However, people on factions seem go have no taste or class and so a lot of these words are common throughout the factions community. If you want players and staff to be able to understand punishments better create an exact list of what each action or word will have in terms of a punishment. Ex: Use of a racial slur = 1 hour mute for 1st offense etc.

Why should this suggestion be implemented? How will it benefit the community?
    I feel a lot of players feel attacked or mistreated when they unexpectedly punished way harder than originally believed. Such as nxrd being banned for 3 days for saying the word "gay". It's a word that can be used in a derogatory way however there are plenty of worse words that should be censored much more diligently than that. If there was a reworded system put in place I believe it would give staff and players more clarity on the boundaries instead of having an nondescript tier system.

Describe how we should go about implementing your suggestion.
    Have a staff meeting and also talk to the community on how they feel about what should be valued where so there's a trust built between players and staff. Once there's an agreed upon list of punishments then replace the old system and start using the new one.

Annie

Management
    Staff Member
    Manager
    Content Team
    Event Team
    Mentor Team
    Hey,
    This issue has already been addressed in a recent ticket. The word "gay" has been added to the censored list, and attempts to bypass it to use it as a derogatory word (as well as any other censored slur etc) will be punished with discrimination as per our rules. This way, players will know that we do not tolerate the use of "gay" as a negative word and if they try to bypass it, it will be an obvious attempt at loop-holing the rules.

As for the "no durations" issue, I assure you that staff is given a comprehensive list of punishment durations for up to eight repeat offences of each offence. It's not included in the rules post because it would obviously be incredibly cluttered. There are grouped punishments for each tier of offence listed at the front of each tier. I will look into formatting specific punishment durations for each punishment, but it will not be a priority.

In the case of the player in question, their punishment was a unanimous decision between administration due to numerous previous incidents of discrimination, (not just this isolated incident) which have caused issues for the staff and we felt warranted a longer punishment.

Thanks for your input!

Status
    Not open for further replies.